A world leading quant-driven hedge fund that has long-standing successful track record is looking to hire a mid-senior Java developer to join one of its most successful trading business units.
They are looking to re-architect the entire post-trade processing system and are looking for a highly skilled software engineer with exceptional problem solving skills to help with its design and development.
The system is going to be designed with latency and throughput in mind and will need to be made scalable with very little downtime. While finance experience is not a prerequisite for this position, experience in designing systems with similar attributes is a must!!
From a technical standpoint we are looking for…
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Development experience in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Extensive experience with OOP/OOD
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and threading
- Proficiency in design patterns
- Experience with NoSQL and other big data technology is a plus
- Experience developed distributed systems technology is a plus as well
As an individual we are looking for…
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complex problems
- Able to work productively under minimal supervision
- Willingness to work closely with traders in a fast paced environment