Sartre Group is representing a technologically trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation . Their data technology team is currently seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer to join a team that is at the forefront of the firm’s big data capabilities and is in charge of building cutting-edge data tools.
There is a key focus on innovation here centralised around the Data office – this group loves creativity and new ideas. If you have thoughts on how something should be constructed or how a particular technology should be utilised then they will want to hear them.
They have invested heavily in constructing a big data ecosystem that encompasses technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Storm, MongoDB etc. and are specifically looking for engineers with experience working in a data-focused position. You will be expected to take responsibility early on and will be given a thoughtful career advancement plan to ensure you grow a successful career in the long-term.
Responsibilities will include:
· Sourcing, Identifying, processing and cleaning data to make it discoverable and available for key stakeholders across the business (researchers, traders, analysts, other technologists etc.)
· Making key technical decisions on how data is acquired, processed and stored using different big data technologies
· Owning and seamlessly driving end to end projects
· At least 5 years in a data-intensive software engineering position
· A strong academic background in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering etc from a top institute.
· Strong programming skills in Python, Java, Scala or similar. The group mainly utilise Python but they are open to candidates with other languages.
· Proven experience working with large data sets (both structured and unstructured)
· Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Storm, MongoDB, AWS is essential
· A strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
· Strong problem solving skills; ability to resolve problems on a demanding timeline
· Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, suitable to a busy and dynamic trading environment