We represent a rapidly expanding start-up AI trading firm that was established approximately 4 years ago by a group of well-respected traders and technologists. They have since grown to approximately 40 employees and have plans to expand to 100 within the next 1-2 years.
From a development/business perspective, they work at the bleeding-edge of technology. Internally, there is very little red tape, a huge budget for R&D, and the CEO is willing to give their engineers a lot of autonomy to do whatever is needed to make sure their infrastructure is the most sophisticated in the industry.
From a trading perspective, since their inception they have invested heavily into the development and application of machine learning (specifically deep learning) techniques to their strategies. They have hired a team of AI researchers that are leaders within their field who are tasked with working closely with their technologists, quant researchers and traders in order to make their strategies as intelligent as possible.
Across the company they actively promote collaboration, outside-the-box thinking and innovation. They run the business like a technology start-up and have a ton of perks to keep their employees happy (free breakfast, lunch & dinner / games room / regular team outings / gym membership etc).
Senior C++ Developer – They are currently looking for someone with a hacker mentality and exceptional problem solving abilities to build out their core trading platform while at the same time sit close to their traders, researchers and AI team and support them in getting new strategies up and running.
The role will entail:
- Working with close to some of the brightest minds within the fields of Mathematics, Computer Science and AI Research
- Designing and supporting a state-of-the-art latency sensitive trading infrastructure
- Creating new tools and applications for traders and researchers to use for modelling
- Optimizing next generation trading strategies
- Developing high-performance algorithms to implement strategies
- 2+ years experience building high-performance, distributed software (finance experience is not needed)
- Strong C++ development skills
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and threading
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment
What you will ideally have?
- Exposure to financial markets and trading
- Experience working with traders/researchers
- Ideally a high level understanding Machine Learning (ideally Deep Learning)