Sartre Group is representing an established proprietary trading firm currently seeking a talented Data Scientist with an interest in low-level systems and networking engineering to expand an innovative engineering team.
The role will involve working closely with their trading, software development and infrastructure teams who are aiming to optimize and tune their low-latency trading stack.
As a Data Scientist in a wider engineering team, you will capture and analyse huge amounts of network and systems data to identify engineering opportunities that will help to better understand performance related IT challenges in a high-frequecy trading environment.
The Data Scientist will gain exposure to a variety of cutting-edge technologies from low-latency network equipment to microwave links and FPGAs whilst working in a fast-paced, dynamic trading environment.
You will be expected to take responsibility early on and given a thoughtful career advancement plan to ensure you grow a successful career in the long-term.
This is a technical position and requires strong programming skills in Python (and associated libraries).
- At least 2 years professional experience in statistical modelling and data-analytics
- Masters or above in data-science related discipline inc. Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Quantitative Analytics, Quant Finance or Applied Sciences
- Excellent Python programming skills and experience using scientific/analytic libraries (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy and more)
- Proven experience working with large data sets
- Experience in systems and network engineering is NOT required, but an interest in learning and understanding it is essential
- Experience with large-scale financial data is advantageous
- Knoweldge of basic C++ programming is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases and big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra is very advantageous
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to resolve problems on a demanding timeline
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, suitable to a busy and dynamic trading environment