BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT and ANALYSIS Identifying & analyzing potential new trends, markets, asset classes and opportunities in the Asia Pacific region; Preparing business plans and reports on new business initiatives; Proactively gathering “value add” information relating to regional trading activity and competitor analysis; Facilitating the development of innovative business practices and effective methods to help manage rapid growth; Proactively making business recommendations based on new information, changes and developments triggered by both internal and external sources.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Project managing the execution of approved business development or business improvement initiatives which includes but not limited to implementing access to new markets/platforms/asset classes; Exercising independent judgment in evaluating and prioritizing ideas and opportunities through sound business and financial analysis; Monitoring and managing all business development requests going to clearings.
EXTERNAL RELATIONS: Fostering & maintaining excellent relationships with regulators, exchanges, brokerage houses, clearers, banks, technology vendors, lawyers and accountants through regular meetings and occasional visits to key 3rd party relationships to manage the daily operational business; Attending relevant regional conferences.
BUSINESS ALIGNMENT/COMMUNICATION: Keeping key internal stakeholders informed & obtaining buy in and support in project management/implementation from other departments including Trading, IT and Operations; Keeping the Head of Corporate Development, APAC fully informed.
• Degree qualified or above with strong academic results in Business/Economics/ Banking & Finance/IT/Engineering is essential;
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the relevant trading industry;
• Thorough understanding of a wide range of financial products, particularly derivatives in equity markets;
• Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects and to independently lead them to conclusion;
• Demonstrated ability in project managing teams, managing stakeholders and / or managing teams;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop, articulate, present and execute new business opportunities and prepare high quality reports and analysis;
• Familiarity with the business processes and the workflows of securities trading organizations is desirable;
• Experience in evaluating, researching, and discussing leading-edge technology is desirable;
• Familiarity with current regulatory issues, trends, and developments is a plus;
• A proactive mindset coupled with outstanding strategic judgment;
• A demonstrated track record of initiative, innovation, and high achievement is required;
• Fluent written and spoken English plus Mandarin, Korean and Japanese (depending on focus country)