Sartre Group is representing a world-leading market making group that is currently seeking a C++ Software Engineer to join their Options Market Making technology team in London.
Our client is an established firm with a reputation and track-record as one of the leading market makers in the world across a variety of asset classes and locations. They have recently expanded their London operation and seek an experienced C++ Software Engineer to work on an exciting Greenfield initiative.
The C++ Software Engineer will work directly with the traders and associated technology teams to design, develop, test and deploy innovative solutions that will optimise performance and efficiency of their trading platforms. You would be partnering with senior members of the trading desks and management teams on one of the most successful Options trading desks in the world and will be expected to be self-motivated, driven and to make sound decisions in a competitive trading environment.
Applications are welcome from any industry background, finance experience preferred but prior experience in finance is not essential.
The salary and benefits package available is one of the best in the industry with an uncapped bonus scheme to reward high-performers.
*Please note that only candidates with current authority to work in the United Kingdom can be considered
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong professional experience in C++ development is essential.
- Experience with Python is much preferred
- Experience working on Linux is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or above is essential, preferably in a technical subject
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded application design and a passion for software development
- Ability to solve problems and strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced trading environment with senior teams of traders
- Financial experience and knowledge of financial products, particularly Options, would be a plus